we offer a variety of services available for public use:
- Exhibits of art, photography, collections, and other subjects of interest to adults and children are on display monthly. For information about exhibits, ask in Administration or call (201)330-2083.
- Copy machine, computer printouts, scanner
- 15 cents per page for black and white
- 50 cents for color
- $1 per page for scanner (requires USB)
- Faxes (201)330-1741
- NJ: $2.00 first page, $1.00 each additional
- Out of State: $3.00 first page, $2.00 each additional
- International: $7.00 first page, $4.00 each additional
- Incoming: $1.00 first page
- ADA Compliant Video Magnifier is located in the nonfiction area.
- Homebound/ Mobile services- we can bring the library to you! If you are a Secaucus resident and are regularly unable to visit the library due to age, disability or serious illness, we can arrange a delivery of library items. For more information or to set up a delivery, please call (201)330-2083.
- Computer passes- The library welcomes both Secaucus and non-Secaucus residents to the library. If you are not a Hudson County resident or BCCLS library card holder, you may get a free computer pass at the front desk. Each pass allows you to use our computers for up to two hours.
- Typewriter- Located in the non-fiction area.
- Proctoring of Exams- The Library proctors exams for residents. All students should contact Library Director, Jenifer May to complete the initial paperwork. For additional information please call 201-330-2083.
- Recycle eyeglasses and cell phones- The Library participates in several recycling programs. Secaucus residents are encouraged to bring these items to the library to be recycled and help support several community organizations.
The Library offers Notary Public Services for the benefit of the local residents. The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of notary service:
- Library Notaries are scheduled on-site only during the Library’s hours of operation. Notary services may NOT be available during all scheduled library hours.
- Customers seeking Notary services MUST call the Library prior to their visit to make an appointment.
- Valid photo identification is required of any customer seeking Notary service.
- Fees for Notary Services are assessed as follows: $1.00 for each signature that is notarized.
- The Library will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from customers using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Only documents written in English will be notarized.
- New Jersey law requires that a Notary and the customer seeking notarization must be able to communicate directly with each other.
- Library Notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary service customer.
- Notary service is not available for Durable Power of Attorney documents, Mortgages, Deeds, Wills, Living Wills, Living Trusts, Codicils, or Depositions, as these types of documents can require technical or legal knowledge and is beyond the scope of this service.
- Documents cannot be copied and certified as “true copies.” Please note that certified copies of many documents such as birth, marriage or death certificates are often available from their original issuing agency.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, Notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for Notary service raises any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Library Notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Service.
Updated as of 2/1/2016