How to Borrow:
You may check out up to 50 items* at a time with your Library Card, including a maximum of 10 media items.
Library materials may be borrowed for the following lengths of time:
ITEMS LOAN PERIOD DAILY LATE FEE
- New Books 14 days $0.10
- Books 28 days $0.10
- 28 days $0.10
- Audiobooks (CD) 14 days $0.10
- Magazines 14 days $0.10
- DVDs 7 days $1.00
- High-Demand DVDs 7 days $1.00
- CDs 14 days $1.00
- CD-Roms 14 days $1.00
- Children’s Books (Easy) 14 days $0.10
- Children’s Books (Juvenile) 28 days $0.10
- Young Adult Books 28 days $0.10
Where can I return the materials I borrow?
- You can return items to the Secaucus Public Library, any library in the BCCLS network, or to our drive-up and walk-up book drops.
How many items can I check out to my card?
- We allow up to 50 books to be checked out at any given time. You may have up to 20 media items on your card; this includes 10 Secaucus media items and 10 items from other BCCLS libraries.
Renewing Library Items:
How many times can I renew the items I have checked out?
- If you borrow an item from the Secaucus library, we allow three renewals. However, items that are on-hold and DVDs are not renewable.
- Each BCCLS library has their own renewal policy, therefore items borrowed through inter-library loan are renewed as the owning library allows.
How do I renew items?
- You can renew online with your password. Visit the circulation department for a password if you don’t have one, forgot it, or want a new one. Passwords cannot be issued over the phone due to privacy laws.
- Call or visit the library during operating hours. You will need your library card when renewing by phone or by person. Note: telephone renewals for DVDs are not available. Telephone renewals left via message are also not available at this time.